Tuesday, August 19, 2008

OUCH!!!

Olivia's staples in the back of her head.

I haven't made time to sit an work on my blog spot for over a week now and I know some people in the family want new pictures. I have decided to read the Twilight book series again before reading the fourth book, Breaking Dawn. All of my spare time has been reading. Sorry I am almost finished.
Well, today I had an appointment and at the appointment Olivia fell off a chair and hit her head on the desk. I picked her up to help her and asked her what happened. She said that she bonked her head. I gave her a kiss and a hug then the lady in the room said her head was bleeding. I looked at the back of her head and she had blood all in her hair. I got some paper towel to clean it up then looked. She had a cut about one inch long and it was open about a quarter on an inch at its widest. Surprisingly it was not bleeding a lot for a head wound. I cleaned it up then called Mike. I took her to urgent care for the doctor to look at. Mike came to watch Evan and the neighbor girl I had for the day that I was watching.
Olivia did so good at the doctor. The only reason she cried was because she wanted a sucker. She was a basket of them before we went into the room. After the doctor looked at it he said the best option for her age would be staples. He said the "glue" would get into her hair and that numbing the area and stitches would be too painful and long. When they did the staples Olivia laid on the table with her head to the side. One nurse had her head and another had her shoulders in case she tried to move. When to doctor did the staples she flinched on the first on and didn't even move on the other two! She did so good! The nurses then gave her two suckers to make her happy.
Well that was a long story but I am just so proud of Olivia for how good she did and this is the first time I have had to take any of my children to the doctor for a real emergency type visit. Here are some pictures of her staples. They are not very good but it is hard to take pictures of the back of someones head.

1 comment:

The Andersons said...

HI Jenny--- Tough Girl. Well--- I was talking to Michelle Cousins today and she said Mike just got hired on at PC.... Whats going on???
laura
My email is lounjimbo@gmail.com